The Spotlight Search is the latest search which is integrated with the latest update of Mac which are running OS X Yosemite. This is one of the most advanced search which gives you most restricted and demanded search results. It includes some new compatibilities and tweaks for you guys which will be really helpful for better searching.
However, there are many people who are not aware with its hidden tweaks and method of using it. Therefore, I am going to make you learn that, “How to use Spotlight Search On Mac running on OS X Yosemite?” So, you are supposed to follow the steps which are elaborated below in order to learn to use Spotlight Search. These are simple steps which are needed to followed.
- Must Check: How to Install OS X Yosemite on PC
Learn-How to Use Spotlight Search
So, this is the main section where you are going to learn that “How to Use Spotlight Search?” You are requested to know that if your Mac is running on OS X Yosemite or above then this for you. Additionally, the Mac which are running on lesser versions do not support this Spotlight Search. You are supposed to follow the simple steps which are elaborated and listed below:
Read Also: How to Use MailDrop On OS X Yosemite
- First of All Click on Search Icon from the top right Corner (Shortcut: ⌘ + Space bar)
- After that, the Spotlight Search bar will get appear in front of you. Now, you may type anything search results then it will be giving your best results and recommendation on your query
- You will observe the search results presents in different categories like; Mails & Messages, Images, Bookmarks & History, Music and other categories which can be shown from left panel
- You can also customize this type of search results can got the results according to your favorite categories and sections. Additionally, for that you are supposed to follow these steps: You need to go to System Preferences >> Spotlight and then you will have categories’ list which will be showing in your search results. Simply, uncheck the unwanted categories and then Apply the settings
- This was it!
This was another short tutorial about Spotlight Search. I am sure that your queries have been removed which are related to Spotlight Search. Additionally, if you have any kind of questions left related to this then do share it with us. We shall try to answer your questions as soon as possible.
Finally, if you have found this guide helpful then do share it with your other friends too. Since, you may never know that your share may help any of your friend who is heading and struggling for the solution of this issue. This is going to help many OS X Yosemite users for sure, Enjoy Friends 😉